Saturday 12 October 2013

My Experience With Dharaji


Before moving for Group Exposure to Narmada Bachao Andolan I was never heard or aware about Dharaji a group of five villages in Dewas district of Madhya Pradesh but now I installed a box in the name of Dharaji in my mind and heart. Story begin with an intense urge of my heart to go somewhere for any social cause, for the same I came to know about the Group Exposure program of Pravah and then I decided to go as a youth facilitator. With the entry in Narmada valley, landing on such part of the earth that is going to submerge, my mind surrounded by thousand drops of issues, voices of the tribal that is still echoing in small valley of my heart. After interaction with Alok da, Silvy di and number of tribal people got to know about the issue.

 
 
a small island surrounded by Naramada river

one morning near Narmada river

                
                 a child on the boat 
 
                                               
      a small hut over the hill
I returned back to all my four spaces with lots of questions, ideas with enthusiasm that were floating in my conscious mind and I didn’t come back to enjoy my four spaces but it was for dragging out some moment or time from all my four spaces to create a new space for doing something that I believe to do. We created a 5th space in a form of group named as V and Dharaji comprises of friends from Jamia, DU and IIT with the objectives to take Dharaji on map, to aware the people about the issue and Delhi based documentation and other work for NBA.


Dharaji helped me to create my 5th space where I enjoy very types of time to write poems, stories, to think and reflect the words that were came to my ear after courageously spoken by an old tribal man. You know what was that sentence it was '' ham hath jor kar kahte hain pahucha do meri aawaz ko''  and this said touched my heart. Even eye of an old women whispered in my ear, river Narmada narrate me their grief to decorate the words in the form of poems. I have written some poem and story, some of the poems wrote in Dharaji and some in Delhi.

activities with tribal's children
 
Through V and Dharaji group we put our effort and done some activities like Clean Drive at Jantar Mantar on December 12, 2012 by the idea of Rajat (IIT, New Delhi). It could possible by the share hand of my friends that my idea of Visiting Dharaji and A program ‘’ Narmada – the soul call’’ has happened successfully. A big learning that I encountered with was to take permission for organizing clean drive at Janatar Mantar from concern Police administration. Four people including me visited Dharaji and head office of NBA at Khandawa where my eyes got opportunities to run over the pages of the honorable Supreme Court Judgement. It was first time of my life to touch such heavy judgments report and studied. When I was diving inside the issue and exploring Dharaji , got chance to attend workshop of the British Council to organize any social action. And for this British Council funded me to organize a social action and Narmada – the soul call program has been successfully delivered in IIT, New Delhi before approximately 60 students. A phenomenal and unexpected feedback came from the audience side in which most of the student wrote their desire to go NBA and Dharaji and some of the student pledged to switch off the electric appliances before living room. Lastly it is Dharaji who show me the way or connect me to visit Uttarakhand in the dark day of Himalayan region.        


No comments:

Post a Comment

Toward an Additional Social Order

This refers to the article, ‘of lions and dogs’ (IE, September 19). The author argued to inform misunderstood stand of Swami Vivekanand...